If you have a slow or blocked drain, our locally owned and operated company is equipped to handle problems of all sizes.
No drain problem is too big or too small for our qualified plumbers. We are equipped to clear even the most stubborn clogs.
Clearing Any Drain Clog
The drains in our homes are under constant use, which can allow debris to collect inside the drain. As debris builds up, the water may begin to drain slowly, and eventually the drain will become completely clogged. The cause of drain clogs can vary, depending on the location of the drain. Finding the cause of the clog is an important step for efficient drain cleaning.
We clear drain clogs caused by:
- Food scraps
- Grease and oil
- Mineral buildup
- Small objects dropped down a drain
- Toilet paper
When a foreign object is dropped down the drain, the clog may happen suddenly. In most other cases, the buildup of debris is more gradual. When the clog gets too large, the drain may back up.
The best thing you can do is call for professional drain cleaning service when you first notice a slow drain. This can prevent the clog from getting very large and causing damage to the pipe.
Regular drain cleaning can provide a solution for problem drains that frequently clog.
How Often Should I Have My Drains Professionally Cleaned?
It's a good idea to get your drains professionally cleaned every 1-2 years to keep your plumbing in top shape. How often depends on how much you use them and the chance of stuff building up. Regular cleanings stop big clogs, find problems early, and keep your plumbing working well, saving you money on repairs later.
What Are The Signs of a Serious Drainage Problem?
A serious drainage problem in your plumbing system can lead to significant issues if not addressed promptly. Recognizing the signs of such a problem is essential for taking action before it causes extensive damage.
Here are some common signs of a serious drainage problem:
- Multiple Clogged Drains: If you have multiple drains throughout your home experiencing slow drainage or blockages simultaneously, it could indicate a problem in the main sewer line. This is a clear sign of a serious drainage issue.
- Frequent Backups: Frequent backups in sinks, toilets, or showers, especially after using multiple water fixtures at once, suggest a problem in the main sewer line or a significant blockage in the drainage system.
- Gurgling Sounds: If you hear gurgling or bubbling sounds coming from your drains or toilets when using other plumbing fixtures, it may indicate an issue with the ventilation in your plumbing system or a blockage in the main sewer line.
- Foul Odors: Persistent foul odors coming from drains or toilets can indicate a sewer line problem. Sewer gas escaping into your home is not only unpleasant but also a potential health hazard.
- Slow Drainage: While slow drainage in a single fixture may not always indicate a serious problem, widespread slow drainage throughout your home can point to a blockage or improper slope in your sewer line.
- Water or Sewage Backing Up: The most severe sign of a serious drainage issue is water or sewage backing up into your home. This can occur in sinks, bathtubs, showers, or even basement floor drains. It's a clear indication of a major blockage or sewer line failure.
- Visible Wet Spots or Puddles: If you notice wet spots or puddles in your yard, particularly near where the sewer line runs, it could indicate a leak or breakage in the sewer line, causing sewage to seep into the ground.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Excessive moisture from drainage problems can lead to mold or mildew growth in your home. If you notice mold or mildew in areas near plumbing fixtures or on walls and ceilings, it may be related to a drainage issue.
- Foundation Cracks or Sinkholes: In extreme cases, a serious drainage problem can cause damage to your home's foundation, leading to cracks or even sinkholes in your yard. This is a severe issue that requires immediate attention.
If you observe any of these signs of a serious drainage problem, it's crucial to act quickly. Ignoring such issues can lead to extensive property damage and expensive repairs.
Contact a professional plumber to inspect and diagnose the problem, as they can provide the appropriate solutions and prevent further damage to your plumbing system and home.
Done Once, Done Right, Guaranteed.Using our state-of-the-art equipment and industry experience, we work hard to make sure you're satisfied with the end result.
No Job Too Big or Too SmallFrom new construction to residential drain cleaning, we have the equipment and the know-how to handle any job that comes our way.
Locally Owned & OperatedWe proudly serve our local community throughout Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens. It's hard to forget a name like ours!
Se Habla EspañolHablamos español para poder ayudar a la comunidad Hispana.
Many methods can be used to clear clogged drains and some are more effective than others.
The best drain cleaning method will depend on the type of clog and where the clog is located in the pipe.
For stubborn clogs and soft clogs, such as grease or fat, high-pressure water jetting, also known as hydrojetting can be an effective solution.
High-pressure water jetting is beneficial for:
- Clearing all types of clogs, from grease to tree roots
- Thorough pipe cleaning
- Removing all residue from inside the pipes
- Those looking for eco-friendly solutions
- A lasting solution for problem drains
High-pressure water jetting uses highly pressurized water to completely clear the clog and all debris from inside the pipe.
This method is safe and effective for all types of clogs, as long as your pipes are in good condition and not corroded.
Your plumber will inspect your drain to find the source of your drain clog and determine the most effective method for drain cleaning in Nassau County.
At Doodyman, we understand that a slow or clogged drain can make life difficult and you want your drains cleared fast.
We have earned a reputation for the quality of our work and the speed of our service.
Our plumbers will show up fast and work quickly to locate the cause of your clog, determine the best method of Nassau County drain cleaning, and get your drains flowing as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Drain Cleaning Questions
How Can I Prevent My Drains From Becoming Clogged?
One way to prevent your drains from becoming clogged is to install a strainer in each drain. A strainer is a tool that catches debris and prevents it from entering the drain. The more effective strainers have smaller holes to catch more food particles.
Another way to keep your drains clear is to remember to pick up hair at the bottom of the shower/tub after every shower.
Above all else, keep food out of the sink as much as possible and never dispose of grease or coffee grounds down your drain.
What are Some Effective Methods For Clearing a Clogged Drain?
There are a few methods that are popular for clearing a clogged drain. One is to pour a pot of boiling water down the drain. Other ways are to use a plunger and to use a commercially available drain cleaner.
We do NOT recommend trying anything other than physical extraction. Chemical drain cleaners can damage your pipes while boiling water can splash back onto you and emit scalding steam.
If all else fails, we’re here to help!
A Pleasure to Deal With!
"They had the part on the truck and had me up and ready within an hour! I highly recommend them!"- John B.
Knowledgeable & Professional
"They came out and completed the job in a timely fashion. I very much recommend this company. They stand behind their work and have competitive pricing."- Boris E.
"The service was so exceptional that I referred them to my friends and keep them for future problems."- Duane C.
Excellent first time experience!
"The technician was friendly and knowledgeable."- Ann C.
Very easy to work with!
"I called them at 10:00 am and they showed up an hour later. My sink was clogged and they were able to fix it in less than 20 minutes."- Kerrin F.