Doodyman is fully licensed, insured, and equipped to service grease traps, septic tanks, and cesspools in Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Queens. A problem with a cesspool or septic tank requires plumbers with the right knowledge and expertise. We have more than 20 years of experience providing installation, repair, and service for septic tanks and cesspools, so you can be rest assured that we have the resources to solve your problem quickly and efficiently.
Give us a call today at (516) 871-4545 for expert services for your septic tank or cesspool.
Septic Tank Services
A septic system is an onsite waste treatment system for properties not connected to a municipal sewer system. There are two components to the system: a septic tank and the drain field. The septic tank breaks down organic materials and the effluent is dispersed into the drain field for additional treatment and filtration. A buildup of sludge and scum inside the septic tank can cause the tank to become overfilled and periodic cleaning and pumping is needed to prevent the system from becoming overburdened.
Signs of a problem with the septic tank include:
- Slow drains
- Problems with toilets flushing
- Recurring slow or clogged drains
- Gurgling noises in drains
- Sewage backing up in the drains
- An unpleasant sewage odor
- Extra lush grass above the septic tank
- Standing water in the yard near the drain field or septic tank
Generally, septic tanks should be pumped every year, but the optimal frequency can vary depending on the size of the house and the number of people living there. Your plumber can recommend the maintenance schedule that is best suited to your home’s requirements. If you notice any signs of a septic problem, it is best to call for septic tank service as soon as possible to avoid complete system failure.
How Often Should a Septic Tank Be Pumped?
How often you should pump a septic tank depends on things like how many people live in your house, how much water you use, and the size of the tank. Usually, it's a good idea to pump the tank every 3 to 5 years to stop solids from building up and keep the system working well. Doing regular checks can help figure out when it's time to pump.
Benefits of Regular Sewer Line Maintenance
Regular maintenance of your sewer lines is crucial for preventing costly repairs and ensuring the longevity of your plumbing system. Here are some key benefits of investing in regular sewer line maintenance:
- Early detection of issues: Regular inspections and cleaning can help identify any potential problems in your sewer lines before they turn into major issues. This allows for timely repairs and avoids expensive and disruptive repairs down the line.
- Prevention of clogs and blockages: Over time, debris, grease, and other materials can accumulate in your sewer lines, leading to clogs and blockages. Regular maintenance includes thorough cleaning to remove these obstructions, ensuring smooth and uninterrupted wastewater flow.
- Improved system efficiency: A well-maintained sewer line system functions more efficiently, allowing wastewater to flow freely and preventing backups and overflows. This not only prevents property damage but also helps maintain a healthy and hygienic environment.
- Extended lifespan of your sewer lines: By keeping your sewer lines clean and well-maintained, you can extend their lifespan. Regular maintenance helps prevent corrosion, deterioration, and other damage that can lead to premature failure of your sewer lines.
- Cost savings: Investing in regular sewer line maintenance can save you money in the long run. By addressing any issues early on and preventing major repairs, you can avoid expensive emergency plumbing services and potential property damage.
At Doodyman to the Rescue, Inc, we offer comprehensive sewer line maintenance services in Elmont, NY and the surrounding areas. Our experienced plumbers use advanced techniques and equipment to ensure the optimal functioning of your sewer lines.
Contact us today to schedule a maintenance appointment and protect your property from costly sewer line issues.
Done Once, Done Right, Guaranteed.Using our state-of-the-art equipment and industry experience, we work hard to make sure you're satisfied with the end result.
No Job Too Big or Too SmallFrom new construction to residential drain cleaning, we have the equipment and the know-how to handle any job that comes our way.
Locally Owned & OperatedWe proudly serve our local community throughout Nassau, Suffolk, and Queens. It's hard to forget a name like ours!
Se Habla EspañolHablamos español para poder ayudar a la comunidad Hispana.
When a new construction project includes a cesspool, proper design and installation is necessary for safe and sanitary sewage treatment. There are many codes and regulations that govern cesspool construction and installation. Your licensed local plumbing contractors will make sure that your new cesspool is constructed in full compliance with all applicable codes and regulatory requirements.
Both septic tanks and cesspools in Nassau County require periodic pumping. For cesspools, cleaning every three to five years is recommended to prevent the system from becoming overburdened with scum and sludge. Cesspool inspections and regular maintenance can prevent clogging and sludge from flowing out of the cesspool.
In addition to Nassau County septic tanks and cesspools, we offer cleaning and maintenance services for grease traps. A grease trap is required in restaurants and commercial kitchens. The grease trap needs to be correctly installed and well maintained to prevent unpleasant odors in your restaurant. Grease trap cleaning needs to be done regularly by qualified professionals to ensure that your business is not interrupted by sudden grease trap failure.
Please contact us today at (516) 871-4545 for quality services for septic tanks, cesspools, and grease traps.
"The service was so exceptional that I referred them to my friends and keep them for future problems."- Duane C.
A Pleasure to Deal With!
"They had the part on the truck and had me up and ready within an hour! I highly recommend them!"- John B.
Very easy to work with!
"I called them at 10:00 am and they showed up an hour later. My sink was clogged and they were able to fix it in less than 20 minutes."- Kerrin F.
"My sewer was having problems for about a year- it's the original from 1938. It backed up Thursday night and I called Doodyman at 9:30 p.m. and a nice lady set up an appointment for them to come the next morning."- John L.
Great For Any Personal or Business Plumbing/Sewer Issues
"They respond immediately every time and get the job done. They are respectful and a very organized company to work with."- Hollywood Health